nuffnang leaderboard

Mar 15, 2012

[Fix] MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard (Stuck/Non-Responding/Hang)

UPDATED: if you need help on the MCTS 70:433 MSSQL Server 2008 examination, feel free to contact me or comment below.



After installed MySQL, you run (or prompt to run) MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard, but at the very last step, Windows is not responding after 'Write configuration file' (as shown). Even you re-install OR remove and install OR remove completely and install, the problem still exists?




This is how I solved it (works for me):-
Navigate to Program Data, (in Wins 7 it is in C:\Program Data\ , you need to be able to view hidden folder)
Locate if any MySQL folder beneath it.
Backup the folder to other places and then delete it.
Remove your MySQL and install again.
(it will not responding for a moment after 2nd step, but it will continue)


Also some fixes I've found online such as (tried but didn't work for me) :-
- Tick the 'add exception to firewall'
- Don't run the wizard when prompt, run it yourself inside the bin folder
- Run as administrator
- Install without entering the Username and Password
- Remove completely (delete the MySQL in program files) and install
etc etc.



21 comments:

  1. didn't work for me. i tried all the options

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad but it did work for me. I just wait a while and it went through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes there are few things to be considered for installation.
    Delete C:\program data\MySQL
    Run the installation config as administrator.
    Also check firewall exception.
    Rest configurations as per you need.

    Regards
    Doogle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes there are few things to be considered for installation.
    Delete C:\program data\MySQL
    Run the installation config as administrator.
    Also check firewall exception.
    Rest configurations as per you need.

    Regards
    Doogle

    ReplyDelete
  5. This worked for me. It still does hang for a few seconds but then it completes succesfully. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it worked for windows 2008 server

    ReplyDelete
  7. This worked. Been messing with this all day. Finally found something that worked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This worked thanks mate .. Thanks a lott!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, this worked for me.
    Cheers
    Babajide Agbebiyi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, works for me.
    Cheers
    Babajide Agbebiyi

    ReplyDelete
  11. woow worked as charmed thank you & god bless

    kanishka samarasinha from (Sri Lanka)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you buddy it work for me thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks man you totally saved my life thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that worked for me as charm tanks i read about deleting the folder but i
    didn't look at that folder path to delete but your post here got me out of
    this i had reinstalled it about 50 times
    tanks alot

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks a lot, after tying every possible solution. This worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. After tying every possible solution I was helpless. This worked for me.


    Thanks a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wooow.. Save my days.. Very very very thanks.. You are my HERO..

    ReplyDelete
  18. It works..
    thank youuuuuuuu

    ReplyDelete

nuffnang rectangle